The following birth chart tool is useful for listing the positions of planets in your chart by sign and house. It can also be used to generate a natal chart report. Most key positions, such as the Ascendant (rising sign), Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars signs and most house positions are currently interpreted with more interpretations forthcoming.
Horoscopes should be read for your Sun sign and Ascendant.
If you don’t know the sign of your Ascendant, use this tool to determine its sign, and get a full list of planetary positions by sign (and by house if you have your birth time), as well as select interpretations:
Some notes about this birth chart calculator:
- It’s best not to guess your birth time since certain positions (Ascendant, Midheaven, Vertex, the Part of Fortune, and houses) are highly dependent on birth time. It’s true that you’ll have fewer interpretations without a birth time, but you can be certain of the ones that do appear.
- It’s also best not to change the time zone offset unless you’re absolutely certain you should (this would be a rare case). The timezone data is most likely to be correct and takes into account such things as historical time zone changes and daylight savings. The negative/positive values are correct as is (keep in mind that the software is converting local time to UT and not vice versa). Because time zone data is imperfect in all astrology software, though, it’s a good idea to doublecheck dates before 1970. You can write to Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org for help if you’re not sure.
- Privacy: Your chart data is not stored. It’s used to create the chart and then disappears.
- Would you prefer to use a different house system? This calculator uses Placidus. On Cafe Astrology, I have the same birth chart report with different house systems here: Equal, Koch, or Whole houses.
- There can be times when the atlas is overwhelmed and an Error 19 occurs. Note that I have the same birth chart report on Cafe Astrology: here if the one on this page has reached its birth place credit limits.